You’ve scheduled your free roof inspection – good job! Way to be a proactive homeowner.
But, now what? You may be wondering what to expect before, during, and after the inspection process. Here are the most frequently asked questions about our roof inspection program.
Do I need to be home?
Yes. We may need to access your attic to check ventilation. Plus, after the inspection, we will go over all of the photos and findings with you.
Are you going to climb on my roof?
Possibly. We conduct most inspections by flying a drone over your house to gain access to those hard-to-reach spots. But we may need to climb up for a closer look.
How long will it take?
Single-family home inspections take about 30 minutes to complete, plus 5-10 minutes afterward for the inspector to review the findings with you. We work as efficiently – but thoroughly – as possible to make sure we don’t miss anything but also minimize the disruption to your day.
What are we looking for?
We will assess:
– The age and condition of the shingles
– Any algae growth on the roof surface
– The condition of the chimney flashing and step flashing
– Pipe boots, gutters
– Any granular loss of the shingles
– Damage that may be caused by vegetation such as tree limbs that abrade the roof, exposed fiberglass mating, hail damage, wind damage
– Proper installation of shingles, drip edge, and kick-out flashing.
What happens after the inspection?
We will share our findings with you. If we discover any issues, we’ll share our recommendations for repair or replacement. We can make a plan together and guide you each step of the way.
If you’re ready to schedule your free inspection, contact us now. Thanks for trusting Team Armour to protect you and your family!